Tuesday, March 21, 2006
The first FULL day of Spring & Early Learning Registration
Ah, it is the second day of spring, after a mild winter... you would anticipate a warm day, right? WRONG!! It is cold and snowy of course. And do you know why it is cold and snowy? Well that is because starting at 5:00 A.M. today, my neighbor and I stood in line to get our darling little children signed up for Early Learning School. We got their a little before 5:00A.M. and we were number 6 and 7 in line. There were Father's that had been there since 3:00 A.M. Ah yes, the wonderful first come, first served theory. Yes it is a very good and fair way to do things, but did I mention it was only 28 degrees (not including wind chill) and it started to snow around 6: 30ish. Did I also mention for about every 1 woman that stood out in the below freezing snowy weather, there were 2-3 men. YES, that is right, the men totally outnumbered us women to sign their little darlings up for school. Of course I forgot my camera so I couldn't get a picture of it. We really should count our blessings though, it was supposed to start snowing last night and it didn't, and they opened the doors a little after 7:00 so we could stand in the inside of the building. Registration did not officially start till 8:30 A.M. but they started about 8:15 A.M. All in all it was a successful morning. Paul is in the afternoon early learning class and I am finally warming up. Thankfully I had my wonderful neighbor with me, or the time would have gone much slower than it did. Now the only problem is: we have to have Paul potty trained by the first day of class... NO PRESSURE THERE! Any suggestions are much appreciated. Until next time ~
1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Potty training! Argghh! I h-a-t-e potty training!! Number one suggetion? Lose all items of clothing that slightly resemble a diaper. No diaper, no pull up, no plastic pants and I even highly recommend no pants at all. The best thing to do is put him in underwear, keep him in a room with hard surface floors to play and watch it come together. That's what worked for us ~ FINALLY! Good luck Sandy! My standing joke is that I would rather go through labor and delivery ten times before I potty train one. Kevin was easy. Valerie was a nightmare. She is 7 1/2 and still isn't dry at night. She wasn't dry during the day until 4 1/2. She is the exception though. Things will go much better for you, Bob and Paul.

~Traci