Friday, April 21, 2006
Belanich's World...




I really don't know what my problem has been lately. I have been in my own little world and not wanting to Blog... I should as this is my journal to baby Kyra, but I get too depressed thinking of how I long for her to be home with us. I know we are on our downward swing now, but I would be lying to say this wait is not killing me. I try to tell myself I would be better understanding if we knew from the beginning how long the wait was. But who am I kidding, I would be no different then I am now. Living my life by waiting for the next batch of referrals to see how far they get, checking the rumor mill a zillion times a day.

The very exciting news, though, some of our FTIA friends will MOST DEFINITELY get their referrals in the next week. I can not wait to see their children's beautiful faces!

We did have a wonderful BLESSED EASTER. We were with our family and had a fabulous day. Paul played with his Belanich Cousins until he crashed sound asleep. He absolutely has a blast with them. He loved looking for Easter Eggs. Although, it took a while as he had to open each egg as he found them, and he was equally surprised as to what was in each and every egg. He would say "wow! I really love this, I really do..." Paul also became a pro at coloring Easter Eggs. He would drop an egg in the dye, and then would say "ah no, not again" when it was cracked. Unfortunately those pictures are on my parent's camera. Grandma Judy brought all the boys Easter Baskets. She also brought one for Baby Kyra. Needless to say I cried like a baby. She said she bought the basket last year, thinking that by this time we would for sure have her home. I have placed her basket in her room... waiting for her.

Some other exciting news: I am going to do some moonlighting for our homestudy agency. I have been job shadowing and it is safe to say: I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is such a wonderful feeling to help families through the adoption process. I remember the feeling I had the first time Heather, our homestudy social worker, came to our house. I was scared to death. But once I realized that she was there to help us, I calmed right down. I love the thought that I am going to help bring families together. The agency only does International adoption, so I am actually pretty well versed in the process.

Say a Prayer for our Neighbors tomorrow. Paul is going on his first sleep over (at a non family member's house). See, Bob got us tickets to Faith Hill and Tim McGraw concert. Thinking for sure one of our parents would be willing to take Paul over night. Little did we know that it happens to be the exact same day that my parents leave for Myrtle Beach (have a wonderful time Mom and Dad, bring a wind chime home for me) and that his Mom would be at a wedding in Cleveland. So our neighbors came to our rescue. Talk about being forever indebt to them! They have three girls that we spend a ton of time with. I know Paul is in good hands, but boy he can be a handful! I pray he behaves himself! He has a firetruck sleeping bag to sleep in. (Thank you Caleb for letting Paul borrow it!) He is very excited about tomorrow and keeps asking when he gets to go! Bob and I are very excited about tomorrow too. It has been a while since we have been out on an date. Last weekend our date night consisted of taking Paul to his first ever big screen movie, "The Wild". Paul did fabulous! The Lebanon theater is perfect for a child his age. We are going to get to Columbus in time for a nice dinner and then the plan is to go out after the concert. I can bet on the fact I will be too tired, and will be the party pooper. I will just want to get a good night sleep, and it will be so weird to do so without Paul coming to our bed at least once through the night.

Okay, I guess you can say once I got started I got on a roll.... I am going to end this now. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Spring... Kyra, we are coming to you soon baby... You are are so loved!

Until next time~
2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
It is only a matter of time before Kyra will be in your arms, and at that moment, all these months of waiting will be insignificant. It warms my heart to read what you write to her - she is a very lucky little girl to have such an amazing family!

We think of you all often - love and miss!

Anonymous Anonymous said...