Tuesday, May 30, 2006
Memorial Day Weekend and no CAMERA!!!!
I understand that sometimes when a woman is pregnant she becomes forgetful. WELL apparently it is rubbing off on me. We had an absolutely wonderful weekend and do I have a picture to show!?!? Of course not. Three days with Paul and three days of me forgetting the Camera. Where to begin? Friday Night Paul had a very special evening with Grandma and Grandpa. THANK YOU so much for that! Bob and I had date night. We almost forgot how to act when we didn't have to listen to Disney music, and we went to a REAL movie. Okay so I fell asleep in the theater, but it was only a cat nap! Then bright and early Saturday Bob picked Paul up. We chilled out for part of the afternoon, then I took Paul to his first ever graduation party (Congratulations Caleb Flum). Now there was some confusion on Paul's part, because he thought it was Caleb his cousin, and didn't understand why he wasn't there. Anyways! Then we had a cook out with our neighbors and some friends Saturday evening. We had a wonderful time and dinner was fabulous (Thank you Mantel's). The men and children played outside, while us women sat around the table, drank some wine, and ate all the dessert (great Ice-cream Pie Val-val). On Sunday and Monday we spent time at the pool. Paul loves to swim and we had a blast enjoying ourselves in the nice hot weather. But this post wouldn't be complete without telling you about Sunday evening: We had a squirt gun fight with Grandpa as the instigator . Everyone was drenched but enjoyed ourselves immensely especially when Paul would con someone out of their fully loaded squirt gun. He was always kind enough to give you his... empty. He would yell now everyone get "Grandpa" and start belly laughing as he squirted you right between the eyes. It was so wonderful to put work behind us for three days.... made it very hard to come back to work, and made me dream of a day when I didn't have to work. Weekends put things into perspective for me. where my priorities need to lay, and how important our family and friends are to us. without their support we would not be get through "Wait" nearly as well as we have. I thank each and everyone of you guys. I know we don't say it enough, but you all are appreciated and kept in our prayers!
Until Next Time!