Wednesday, July 05, 2006
12 Months and well you know... STILL COUNTING!
12 Months ….
52 weeks…..
365 days………
8,760 hours…….
525,600 minuets……
8,631,536,000 seconds……………. (If I did my math right, never was good at that!)

Any way you look at it; the wait has been unbearably long! Yet, we hit our one-year mark of waiting for our angel from China, and we wait a bit longer. But I remain uplifted and positive that this will be the month that we see her face and our dreams of becoming a family of four will happen! It will happen as God plans but I have a wonderful feeling that this will finally be “our” month. I feel that our “5-6” month wait will end just shy of 13 months. I believe that at Paul’s 3rd birthday party we will be showing family and friends pictures of Kyra. I know that life is quickly changing for us.

For now, I leave you with the words of a song I listen to every day… I found it a while back, and it has just become such a song of reflection for me. A song that I get lost in my thoughts of our daughter and the future we have with her and our son….

“We Thought You’d Be Here by Now” - BY Wes King

We thought you'd be here by now
Your mother and I
We're praying through our tears that somehow
We might hear your sweet cry
Have we waited too long
It's getting harder to be strong
Is there something we've done wrong

But if you like dancing
I'll make it rain rhythm and rhyme and melodies, child
And if you like dreaming
Your mother will make your imagination run wild
Somehow, we thought you'd be here by now

We have a room just for you upstairs
It's right down the hall
So we'll be close should you ever get scared
We'll come when you call
It's a room full of stories
Waiting to be told
Longing to behold

And if you like laughing
I'll paint you a circus of smiles and Ferris wheels, dear
And if you like dreaming
Your mother will fly you to worlds both far and near

Somehow...
I never knew that silence
could make me so deaf
I never knew that I could miss someone I've never met
Miss someone I haven't met yet

We'll be waiting.....


~Until Next Time~
1 Comments:
Blogger Maggie said...
The wait is so unbearably long. I know we've all heard over and over and over that the wait won't matter once our kids are home. I have to believe it's true!